Whether it’s been months, years or even decades between dentist visits, it’s always a good time to book your first visit to our modern dental practice in Blackburn. It only takes one visit to get you on the road to healthy teeth!
Our team understand that you may have had terrible and painful dentist experiences in the past. That’s why we take the time to listen to your dental concerns and goals. Our dedicated team want to get to know you from your first visit, and understand what’s important to you when it comes to your dental health.
Knowledge is Power
There are many reasons why you may be apprehensive about booking your next dental appointment. Talking to our patients, we’ve learnt that much anxiety about going to the dentist stems from not knowing “what’s next?”. Many people end up guessing the health of their teeth, have unexpected dental emergencies arise, or are fearful of costs involved. Book in your First Visit with us and stop guessing.
We place great importance on empowering you with the knowledge you need for superior dental care. From your very first visit, our dedicated team aims to:
- Give you an overall understanding of how healthy your mouth, teeth and gums are.
- Advise you on what needs to be done to make your whole mouth healthier.
- Take the time to explain your treatment options and answer any of your questions.
- Arm you with preventative tools so you can maintain your teeth at home and prevent future problems.
What to expect
All our new patients start off with a Comprehensive Examination. During this process, we will assess your whole mouth, teeth and gums, including:
- A systematic check of the skin inside your mouth to screen for early signs of oral cancer.
- Checking the condition of your teeth for dental decay, accelerated tooth wear from tooth grinding, acid erosion or incorrect brushing.
- Checking the condition of your gums for signs of disease or infection.
- A thorough jaw joint and bite assessment. Presence of any pain or discomfort in the jaw joints or the way the teeth fit together (the bite) could be a sign of dysfunction. Jaw joint issues can also be a contributing factor to frequent headaches.
- Dental x-rays to check for any potential damage between the teeth that is not visible during the clinical examination. This will also allow us to check the foundation of the tooth roots and ensure that bone support is at a healthy level.
- Full mouth dental x ray (OPG) to check the health of the bone supporting the teeth as well as the jaw joint
- Dental photographs, if necessary, to aid in the discussion process.
- Dental study models (taking moulds of your teeth), if necessary, to aid in the diagnosis of bite issues.
First visit duration & costs
Please allow 60 minutes for your First Visit appointment with us.
The Comprehensive Exam is capped to only $150
Itemised, the costs of all of your necessary dental tests can add up to well over $400! However at Whitehorse Dental, we’ve capped the cost of your First Comprehensive Exam to only $150. This ensures that we can collect all the information needed without worrying about the individual cost of each x ray or other dental tests. Kick start your journey to great dental health, the right way.
Book your First Visit in Blackburn
Get on the right path to great dental health today. Book your First Visit appointment ONLINE or call us on (03) 8838 8820.