Our dentists in Blackburn take the time to listen to your dental concerns and goals. At Whitehorse Dental, we want to get to know you from your first visit, and understand what’s important to you when it comes to your oral health.
Once we have an understanding of your dental goals, we will spend some time collecting information about your mouth. This thorough examination will include:
- A systematic check of the skin inside your mouth to screen for early signs of oral cancer.
- Checking the condition of your teeth for dental decay, accelerated tooth wear from tooth grinding, acid erosion or incorrect brushing.
- Checking the condition of your gum for signs of disease.
- Dental x-rays to check for any potential damage between the teeth that is not visible during the clinical examination. This will also allow us to check the foundation of the tooth roots and ensure that bone support is at a healthy level. If you have previous x-rays that are less than two years old, we can request them from your previous dentist.
- Dental photographs, if necessary, to aid in the discussion process.
Please allow 45 to 60 minutes for your first visit with us.
If you have a dental emergency, we make it our priority to tend to your condition first, to alleviate your pain and make you comfortable. We highly recommend that you book a comprehensive examination after this emergency appointment to ensure that treatment is planned properly and nothing is missed.